What the NetSession Interface is:
- Software that helps deliver faster, more reliable downloads on demand
- An extension of Akamai's global server network that helps companies and their customers complete more downloads more easily
- Extremely secure, supporting best-in-class HTTPS/SSL security
What the NetSession Interface isn't:
- It is not spyware, malware, or other intrusive software
- It is not a security threat, and does not view or share any private data on your machine
- It is not permanently installed on your machine; you have the option to remove it at any time
Where it resides:
- If you have NetSession installed, you have a view into the service on your machine through the Windows Control Panel or Mac OS X System Preferences pane.
- On Windows, open your Windows Control Panel, then click the icon or link to the Akamai NetSession Interface Control Panel.
- On Mac OS X, the Akamai extension icon is found under Other --> Akamai on the System Preferences pane.
Information for End Users
Akamai NetSession Interface is a tool that can help you enjoy faster, more reliable downloads from a variety of sources you choose. When you download software from companies like Autodesk®, or other companies offering PDF files, documents, and media streams, there’s a good chance that download is powered by Akamai NetSession Interface. The NetSession Interface is installed on your computer with your permission and can be removed at any time.
Our Promise to You
We’ve designed NetSession Interface to reside on your machine with negligible impact on memory, CPU capacity or disk space. Its purpose is to improve the speed, reliability and efficiency for downloads and streams, and to do that securely and without violating your privacy or intruding on your computing.
- The NetSession User's Bill of Rights
- The NetSession Interface Design Principles
- The NetSession End User License Agreement
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact us with comments or to report an issue
Thank you for using the Akamai NetSession Interface.