Who is Akamai?
Akamai® is the leading provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications. At the core of the Company's solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit www.akamai.com or blogs.akamai.com, and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
Cambridge, MA 02142
617 444 3000
Fax: 617 444 3001
Web site: www.akamai.com
Year Incorporated: August 1998
Akamai Technologies, Inc. is publicly traded: (NASDAQ: AKAM)
2013 annual revenue of $1.58 billion, up 18 percent year-over-year (adjusted for ADS divestiture)
Akamai has deployed the most pervasive, highly-distributed cloud optimization platform with over 160,000 servers in 95 countries within over 1,200 networks.
Akamai is Trusted by:
- One out of every three Global 500® companies (Source: List compiled by Fortune Magazine)
- The top 30 media & entertainment companies
- All 20 top global eCommerce sites
- 97 of the top 100 online U.S. retailers (Source: Internet Retailer Magazine)
- All branches of the U.S. military
- More than 150 of the world's leading news portals
- 8 of the top 10 U.S online brokers (Source: Smart Money)
- 8 of the top 10 U.S asset management firms (Source: Institutional Investor)
- 10 of the top 10 P&C insurance carriers (Source: A.M. Best)
- 9 of the top 10 largest newspapers
- 8 of top 10 online publishers
- 9 out of 10 top social media sites
- 3 of the top 5 semiconductor companies
- 13 of the top 15 largest auto manufacturers
- 9 of the top 10 global pharmaceutical companies
- 6 of the top 7 computer manufacturers
- All of the top anti-virus companies
- 4 of the top 5 online auction companies
- All major U.S. sports leagues
Akamai is Proven:
- Akamai delivers between 15-30% of all Web traffic
- Akamai delivers daily Web traffic reaching more than 15 Terabits per second
- Akamai delivers over 2 trillion daily Internet interactions
- Akamai helps securely enable more than $250 billion in annual e-commerce for its online retail customers
- The top online music stores have sold billions of songs… and counting… delivered via the Akamai platform
Akamai is Innovative:
- Akamai has the most pervasive cloud optimization platform - 160,000 servers in 95 countries within over 1,200 networks.
- 85% of the world's Internet users are within a single "network hop" of an Akamai server
- Akamai delivers IBM WebSphere at the edge – the industry's first solution enabling enterprises to consume WebSphere on demand
- Akamai has led the effort to develop open initiatives, such as Edge Side Includes.
- Akamai has hundreds of issued patents
- Akamai can work with any customer's Web environment, no matter how sophisticated.
2013 NATIONAL TOP WORKPLACE
Akamai recognized by WorkplaceDynamics as a Top 150 national workplace in largest survey of its kind
2012 "Top Places to Work"
The Boston Globe ranked Akamai as 14th among the area's largest employers. Akamai was the highest-ranking software company in the category
2011 "50 MOST INNOVATIVE COMPANIES"
Akamai named one of the world's "Most Innovative Companies" by MIT's Tech Review
2011 TOP 20 CLOUD SOFTWARE & APPS VENDOR
Akamai named by CRN Magazine as one of the "Top 20 Cloud Software & Apps Vendors of 2011"