- Keynote presentations from business innovators including Airbnb, Fox News Channel, The Hartford, Macy's, News International, Red Hat and Salesforce
- Insights from industry luminaries Charles Golvin, principal analyst at Forrester Research covering consumer and enterprise mobility; Tiffany Shlain, filmmaker, founder of the Webby Awards, and co-founder of The International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences; and Rick Smolan, former Time, Life, and National Geographic photographer, best-selling author of the ‘Day in the Life' book series and creator of The Human Face of Big Data project
- Registration for customer conference available at: www.akamai.com/edge
CAMBRIDGE, MA – September 26, 2012 – Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKAM), the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere, today announced the agenda and featured speakers for Akamai Edge 2012, its fifth annual Customer Conference, taking place October 10-12, 2012 at Aria Las Vegas.
Business and technology leaders from Amadeus, Build.com, Cisco, CTV, Grainger, GREE, Guitar Center, Symantec, USAA, Visa, and many others, are scheduled to present during the three-day conference. The complete agenda is available at: http://www.akamai.com/html/custconf12/agenda.html
Participating sponsors include HP, Terremark, Brightcove, Exceda, IBM, Dell, Adobe, Apica, BMC, Dolby, Envivio, Hybris, Kit Digital, Microsoft, Micros-Retail and Riverbed, among others.
"Akamai Edge is taking place against the backdrop of a world that's connected like never before," said Brad Rinklin, chief marketing officer, Akamai. "This year's conference will focus on the extraordinary innovation taking place as businesses leverage cloud, mobile, media and big data strategies, all while addressing the security challenges inherent in today's hyperconnected world. We've created a dynamic program that will foster the exchange of ideas among peers from around the globe, representing industries such as media and entertainment, commerce, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, financial services, and software and technology."
As the largest annual gathering of Akamai customers and partners, the conference is scheduled to feature speakers from over 40 companies addressing topics including:
- Transforming Experiences in a Hyperconnected World
- Meeting the Challenges of Performance in Mobile Retailing
- Taking Your Enterprise Cloud Application into the Stratosphere
- When Speed Matters: Why Your Site Can Never Be Too Fast
- Distributed Denial of Service: War Stories from the Cloud Front
- How to Reach a Billion Viewers in Two Weeks>
- Architecting for Omni-Channel Retailing
- Delivering on the TV Everywhere Promise
The conference will feature industry and technical tracks, keynotes from Akamai's executive team, pre-conference certification training, and the Akamai ‘Web Experience Center' featuring live data visualizations of real-time conditions across both the Internet and the Akamai Intelligent Platform.
Registered attendees include CEOs, CIOs, eCommerce executives, CTOs, heads of New Media, technical architects, and technology and business strategy executives from some of the world's largest online brands.
Akamai® is the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere. At the core of the Company's solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit www.akamai.com or blogs.akamai.com, and follow @Akamai on Twitter.