Customers and prospects expect fast, quality web and mobile experiences independent of the browser, device, or network they use. Yet in a new commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Akamai, Forrester discovered that companies often struggle in this complex environment to meet rising customer and employee expectations for web application responsiveness, richness, and mobile support.
Key findings from the study Shifting Performance Strategies And Solutions For Mobile And Web Delivery include:
- Online channels are growing in importance to revenue
- The majority of organizations realize web performance impacts the bottom line yet the minority measure the impact of web application performance on the business
- Lack of visibility results in no business case and often no budget for performance optimization
- Delivering quality web experiences has become more difficult due to more content, end-users and touch points
- The proliferation of connected devices and the rise in application complexity demands innovative strategies for performance optimization