By attaching Akamai network services to their Web solution stack, these partners will be able to offer significantly improved application delivery to their customers and help maximise their ROI:
Content and applications are served from locations near to end users
Global capacity on demand
Robust defenses protects central infrastructure, secure traffic is harder to steal
- Cost effective
No overprovisioning, no redundant data centers.
No single point of failure
Application and Infrastructure Service Providers offer cloud services, e.g. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) or Software as a Service (SaaS), to their clients (entities, not individuals).
These Service Providers
- use hardware and/or software from well-established vendors (or parts of such global Tier 1 vendors' hardware and/or software) and integrate it with its cloud services or
- develop their own integrated solution and offer it to their clients.
- improve the quality of service levels related to their solution offering for the benefit of their clients in terms of performance, reliability and security
- reduce the cost associated with their solution offering by off loading certain tasks relating to the performance of their solution offering to Akamai
- take advantage of embedded cloud-based services on the Akamai platform; or
- obtain an enhanced scalability by offloading load from infrastructure.
- Improve the quality of service level agreements related to their services for the benefit of their clients in terms of performance, security and reliability
- Obtain enhanced scalability by off-loading traffic from infrastructure
- Take advantage of embedded, cloud-based services on the Akamai Platform
- Reduce the cost associated with their services by shifting certain tasks related to the performance of their services to Akamai