Get In Touch
Chat with Sales
- Call us
- Customer Support For immediate customer support please call +44 1784 22 5400 or email us at email@example.com
- Email Us Please email Akamai Sales and we will contact you within 1-2 business days.
Palm Springs, CA |
Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:AKAM), the global leader in content delivery network (CDN) services, today unveiled several major advances that are intended to help solve key mobile performance challenges. The latest version of Akamai Ion, the company’s flagship Web Performance Solution, is designed to make it easier than ever to deliver compelling online experiences by leveraging the company’s new learning engine-based optimizations. Akamai will also enable developers to deliver near instant mobile app experiences by using its new software development kit (SDK).
The ability to deliver great mobile experiences is paramount to the success of online businesses. Consumers today expect fresh, fast, secure and engaging mobile experiences, regardless of their browser, app, location, device, or network. At the same time, due to unpredictable network conditions and the variety of devices used by customers, meeting these business requirements has never been more difficult or costly. In fact, according to a report released by Google, 53 percent of sessions are abandoned if content doesn’t load within three seconds.
Built on the Akamai Intelligent Platform, Akamai Ion is designed to help companies effectively reach and engage customers, prospects, employees, partners and suppliers, wherever and however they connect. The pressure to deliver great online experiences is higher than ever, across sites and apps. While most businesses have a basic understanding of what is required to optimize desktop experiences, they still struggle with the challenges mobile and cellular use cases present.
To help optimize web and mobile app experiences, the latest version of Akamai Ion now features the following new capabilities and benefits:
- Automated Performance Optimization: Akamai Ion introduces “Adaptive Acceleration,” which is designed to help companies deliver rich, personalized experiences to their users quickly and easily with intelligent performance automation powered by real user data. The product is architected to automatically determine the optimal time to push content and pre-connect to third-party resources to help ensure user experiences are fast, seamless, and optimized for their browsing context.
- Mobile App Performance SDK: The latest version of Ion introduces a new software development kit (SDK) to help developers craft custom and differentiated experiences designed to maximize user loyalty. Mobile app developers can pre-position content to offer more consistent experiences across varying network conditions – even when connectivity is lost. In addition, SureRoute for Cellular can help overcome congestion and latency in last mile networks, while real user and device insights, including custom metrics, help developers tune mobile experiences over time.
- Cellular Optimization: Akamai Ion will also include new capabilities that are designed to deliver consistent performance over uncertain cellular connections. Performance improvements can be realized through protocol optimizations including real-time IPv4/6 adaptation, while supporting secure connectivity for older mobile devices using the Cha-Cha Poly cipher.
“ZALORA is a mobile-first company with the majority of our customer base engaging with us through our native fashion apps across South East Asia,” said Karthik Subramanian, CTO, ZALORA. “With Ion, and especially the new Mobile App Performance SDK, we are able to provide a much richer and more engaging mobile app experience for our customers. The performance reporting has also given us insight into the real experience that our app users have, enabling us to improve our application to suit our customers' needs better.”
“We believe this release of Ion marks the beginning of a new kind of powerful performance optimization – one that is powered by applying machine learning to real user data. Ion customers will be able to quickly and easily take advantage of these capabilities to address the demands of mobile users,” said Ash Kulkarni, senior vice president and general manager, Web Performance Business Unit, Akamai Technologies. “With more and more businesses adopting mobile apps to achieve greater audience engagement, Akamai’s new Mobile App Performance SDK is designed to help developers and app owners provide instant mobile app experiences that adapt in real-time to network conditions.”
The latest release of Akamai Ion is now available. Qualified Ion customers can begin taking advantage of these new capabilities now.
Editor’s Note: Akamai will be showcasing the latest Akamai Ion and Enterprise Application Access capabilities at eTail West Conference, taking place this week from February 27 - March 1, 2017 in Palm Springs, CA. Please visit our booth #600/602 to learn more about the products. In addition, Colin Bendell, Director, CTO Office, will be keynoting on Tuesday, February 28 at 8:45 a.m.
As the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, Akamai makes the Internet fast, reliable and secure for its customers. The company’s advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. To learn how Akamai solutions and its team of Internet experts are helping businesses move faster forward, please visit www.akamai.com or blogs.akamai.com, and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
Akamai Statement Under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act
This release contains information about future expectations, plans and prospects of Akamai's management that constitute forward-looking statements for purposes of the safe harbor provisions under The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about future business plans and opportunities. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by these forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors including, but not limited to, a failure of Akamai's offerings or functionalities to operate as expected, a lack of market acceptance of such service offerings and functionalities, and other factors that are discussed in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K, quarterly reports on Form 10- Q, and other documents periodically filed with the SEC.