Consumer demand for mobile video has created some significant technical challenges for content providers. Not only are mobile video files constantly growing in size and complexity, user expectations about video quality are constantly rising as well. Users want a flawless mobile video experience on any device every time they press “play.” They are unconcerned about the limitations imposed by connection speeds, limited bandwidth, packet loss, peak demand or the increasingly wide variety of mobile devices – they feel those challenges are your nut to crack.
To consistently and successfully deliver mobile video experiences that meet and exceed the expectations of your users, you need enterprise mobility solutions that simplify enterprise mobility management and can scale to meet demand while also delivering superior viewing quality. That’s where Akamai can help.
Mobile video solutions from Akamai.
As the global leader in services for the Content Delivery Network (CDN), Akamai offers mobile cloud services that are the choice of many of the world’s leading brands. Akamai’s Adaptive Media Delivery offers high-quality viewing experiences across a broad range of network types at varying connection speeds. Built on the Akamai Intelligent Platform™, Adaptive Media Delivery delivers the scalability, availability and reliability to handle live streaming and mobile video events such as the Super Bowl, FIFA World Cup, and the Olympics.
Adaptive Media Delivery is optimized for Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) streaming and offers broad support of mobile video and streaming protocols, including HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS), Microsoft Smooth Streaming (MSS), and Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (MPEG-DASH).
Akamai’s Adaptive Media Delivery provides:
- Reliability and scale to handle some of the world’s largest online streaming and mobile video events, many of which have set benchmarks for capacity and scale.
- Innovation and experience developed through more than 15 years of delivering high quality streaming and mobile video viewing experiences for worldwide audiences.
- Proximity to end users – with 20 to over 100 times more Points of Presence (POPs) than other global CDN providers, Akamai caches content closer to the end user to deliver superior mobile performance by overcoming latency, congestion and packet loss on the Internet.
Benefits for mobile video quality
With Akamai’s Adaptive Media Delivery, you can:
- Deliver superior mobile video quality and reliability.
- Scale easily to meet peak demand by leveraging the globally distributed Akamai Intelligent Platform.
- Deliver streaming and mobile video to audiences on any device.
- Optimize online video playback quality and performance.
- Benefit from the experience of Akamai experts gained through streaming the world’s largest online video events.
Learn more about mobile video and about Akamai solutions for enterprise mobility, as well as security solutions such as Akamai’s Web Application Firewall.