A streaming server is a critical piece of technology for content providers who want to maintain or improve market share in a market dominated by streaming services. Users today expect instant, uninterrupted access to streaming video and content on any device, anywhere, and they have no patience for streaming services that don’t live up to this standard. To meet these expectations, content providers need a high performance streaming server that can scale to meet demand while still providing the highest viewing quality possible across all networks and devices.
When seeking a high-quality streaming server that will enable them to compete in this hyperconnected world, more leading content providers turn to Akamai.
Streaming server technology from Akamai
Akamai’s Adaptive Media Delivery provide streaming server technology that enables providers to deliver a superior viewing experience across devices and network types – fixed or mobile – at varying connection speeds. Built on the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ and optimized for Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) streaming, Akamai’s streaming server delivers the scalability, reliability, availability and reach content providers need to compete.
Akamai Adaptive Media Delivery provides:
- Capacity and scale. Akamai’s globally distributed Intelligent Platform enables content providers to easily scale up as needed to meet spikes in audience demand. Akamai has served as a partner to some of the world’s most successful brands, providing the live streaming server solution used to stream the world’s largest online events, many of which have set new benchmarks for capacity and scale.
- Quality and experience. Adaptive Media Delivery combines the latest streaming server technologies and more than 15 years of Akamai expertise to provide viewing experiences of unsurpassed quality.
- Proximity. To overcome the realities of Internet latency, congestion and packet loss which can significantly degrade video quality, Akamai deploys a broad network of edge servers that offer 20 to 100 times more Points of Presence (POPS) than other global CDN providers, minimizing the impact of network latency and delivering more consistent viewing experiences.
Benefits of Akamai’s streaming server
Akamai’s streaming server enables content providers to:
- Deliver superior video quality and reliability through Akamai’s globally distributed network architecture which ensures that content resides close to viewers.
- Scale quickly to serve large audiences, using the network’s ability to distribute load dynamically and intelligently.
- Enable users to view streaming video on any device with a streaming media server that offers support for a wide range of standard video streaming protocols.
- Optimize performance and playback quality of online video while monitoring delivery, using Akamai’s application-aware software intelligence.
- Benefit from the experience of the Akamai team in streaming the world’s largest online events.
Learn more about Akamai streaming server and about Akamai solutions for streaming video hosting and web application performance.