Get In Touch
Chat with Sales
- Call us
- Customer Support For immediate customer support please call +1-6174444699 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Us Please email Akamai Sales and we will contact you within 1-2 business days.
Scale access and simplify policy & traffic controls for APIs
APIs are crucial for enabling new customer-focused business models. An API Gateway provides a single entry point for all API consumers, maintains a secure connection to your API backend, and governs API traffic. The Akamai Intelligent Platform™ delivers API Gateway functionality at the edge, providing fine-grained control over API access that maximizes scalability and reliability. Push governance, authentication, and authorization to the edge and at the center of every user’s experience.
What Is Akamai API Gateway?
The Akamai API Gateway empowers you to improve governance and reliability of APIs that are crucial for enabling new customer-focused business models. It leverages Akamai’s cloud delivery platform that delivers over 445 billion API interactions a day to maximize performance, offload, and scalability.
The API Gateway provides distributed access, policy, and traffic controls while managing runtime activities such as routing, authentication, and authorization. Since this work occurs at the edge, it requires fewer round-trips to origin, resulting in improved experiences.
By leveraging the global reach and sophisticated automation in the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ to deliver and authenticate your APIs, you can spend more time focusing on API strategy, design, and implementation, instead of building and maintaining management infrastructure.
Scalable Access Control
- Validate JSON Web Tokens (JWT) and API keys at the edge to authenticate API requests to maximize scalability and reduce infrastructure buildout.
- Simplify API key management.
- Drop unwelcome API calls before they reach your infrastructure.
- Set and enforce the number of API requests allowed per hour, per API consumer.
- Ensure appropriate access and eliminate misuse.
- Further enhance security by pairing with industry-leading web application firewall and DDoS solutions.
- Use common API definition language documents to quickly deploy APIs on Akamai (Swagger and RAML).
Reporting portal enables you to understand how your APIs are being consumed, and allows you to review traffic and error patterns to optimize API delivery.
Enable global caching, geo routing, and traffic limits at the edge, with points of presence close to API consumers to improve experiences.
Eliminate costly infrastructure buildouts to ensure reliability at peak volumes.
Automate management of API Gateway via rich set of administrative APIs.