Get In Touch
Mobile application data frequently needs to traverse variable cellular connectivity to reach your end users. This data often can benefit from optimization while in transit. Akamai addresses mobile-specific performance at all critical layers: at the Internet core, at the Akamai Intelligent Platform edge, and over cellular networks to the device.
- Extend sessions through better user engagement: Akamai’s commitment to delivering the richest experience in the shortest amount of time begins with network deployments uniquely suited for cellular users and client side technologies that are designed to allow for instantaneous app views and seamless browsing experiences based on network awareness and contextual prepositioning of content.
- Optimize images for mobile apps: Akamai uses proprietary network detection routines to automatically determine if you are on a good or poor network and the device type. Apps can be made aware if they should request big bold images or compressed images, whether to serve contextually rich product videos and images or generic content from the device cache immediately to maximize the user experience.
- Gain insight into user engagement to maximize agility & performance: Get on-device analytics into how real users interact with your application and characteristics including device, battery, 3rd party content, and network bandwidth, impact application performance and user behavior. We can do event-based monitoring and measuring to identify the quality of the user experience.
- Fast purge and activation: Your organization requires both scale and responsiveness to meet the needs of your mobile app audiences. Akamai provides unmatched scale and the ability to purge cache configurations in seconds. No other vendor offers both.
- Support for the latest performance standards: Akamai makes it easy for its customers to enable the newest Internet standards, like HTTP/2 and IPv6, and the performance benefits inherent in them. Easily enable secure connections as a path to better SEO, as well as the ability to enable HTTP/2, the latest web protocol. Turn on IPv6 for your mobile app client connections – even if your origin infrastructure isn’t enabled for it.
The Changing Landscape of APIs, Apps and the Web
Learn about the latest mobile trends shaping end users' expectations - and how companies can respond by using Akamai solutions.