Cloud security has become a critical priority as organizations increasingly move data, applications and business processes online.
The rapid rise of the enterprise cloud has been matched only by the speed with which new threats to cloud security have emerged. From denial of service attacks to SQL injection and cross-site scripting to remote file inclusion, threats to cloud security have never been more sophisticated or voluminous.
To achieve effective cloud security and protect revenues, information, infrastructure and reputation, many of the world’s biggest brands choose cloud security solutions from Akamai.
Cloud security with Akamai
Akamai is a global leader in solutions that make the Internet faster, more reliable and more secure. Akamai solutions enhance and accelerate web and mobile performance, enable efficient and flawless media content delivery, and provide superior protection against a growing number of threats to the enterprise.
Akamai’s Kona Site Defender is a powerful cloud security solution that extends security beyond the data center while maintaining performance and availability even in the face of quickly evolving threats. Kona Site Defender takes advantage of the power of the globally distributed Akamai Intelligent Platform™ to detect, identify and mitigate a DDoS attack before it can reach the origin. Kona deflects network-layer DDoS traffic and absorbs application-layer DDoS traffic at the network edge to provide highly effective
Kona Site Defender also offers a highly scalable Web Application Firewall (WAF) that protects against application-layer attacks in HTTP and HTTPS traffic.
Additional cloud security solutions
Other cloud security technology from Akamai includes:
- Kona DDoS Defender, offering managed DDoS protection service for critical websites and web applications.
- Fast DNS, an authoritative DNS service that offloads DNS resolution from your infrastructure to the cloud.
- Client Reputation, providing tools to stop malicious clients before they can attack by automatically blocking requests from IP addresses that have been rated as malicious.
- Site Shield, providing the ability to cloak websites and web infrastructure from the public Internet.
- Prolexic Routed, providing managed DDoS protection for Internet-facing applications, network and data center infrastructure, as well as the network bandwidth into the data center.
- Prolexic Connect, offering managed DDoS protection for the entire data center with a direct, high bandwidth connection to Akamai.
- Flow-based Monitoring, providing early notification of network-layer DDoS attacks.
- Application-based Monitoring, providing DDoS detection for early notification of application-layer DDoS attacks.
Learn more about Akamai cloud security technology, and about solutions for mobile cloud services and a mobile CDN.