Cambridge, MA 02142
617 444 3000
Fax: 617 444 3001
For a list of our global locations, click here
Year Incorporated: August 1998
Akamai Technologies, Inc. is publicly traded: (NASDAQ: AKAM)
Revenue: 2020 annual revenue of $3.2 billion, up 11% year-over-year and when adjusted for foreign exchange
Current Employees: 8,300+
Company Recognition: Akamai ranked #1 in Boston Business Journal’s 2019 "Largest Cybersecurity Companies In Massachusetts" list for the second year in a row.
Network Deployment: Akamai has deployed the most pervasive, highly-distributed content delivery network (CDN) with approximately 325,000 servers in more than 135 countries and nearly 1,435 networks around the world.
Globally Akamai is Trusted by:
- 56 percent of the Fortune 500
- 42 percent of the Fortune 1,000
- More than 950 Enterprise Hardware and Software companies
- More than 850 Retailers
- More than 325 Financial Services firms
- More than 300 of the World’s Banks
- More than 275 Telcos, Carriers and ISPs
- More than 260 Hotel & Travel companies
- More than 225 broadcast and pay TV networks
- More than 225 Game Publishers
- More than 240 OTT companies
- More than 200 national government agencies
- Almost 200 Publishing companies
- Nearly 200 Advertising Technology firms
- More than 125 Education companies
- More than 100 Insurance companies
- More than 100 Consumer Goods Manufacturing companies
- More than 175 state and local government agencies
- More than 75 Energy and Utility companies
- More than 50 Consumer Hardware Manufacturers
- More than 50 Automotive Manufacturers and Supply companies
- More than 50 social media providers
- More than 50 Consumer Software companies
- More than 35 Music companies
- More than 30 of the World’s Airlines
- More than 10 Video Game Stores
- More than 50 Gambling and Gambling services companies
Akamai is Proven:
- Akamai delivers daily Web traffic reaching more than 100 terabits per second
- The top online music stores have sold billions of songs… and counting… delivered via the Akamai platform.
- 2019 Cricket World Cup - 25.3 million concurrent viewers setting a new world record for live streaming.
- Akamai detected nearly 28 billion credential stuffing attempts in our customer's industries between May and December 2018; there were more than 10 billion in the retail industry, the leading industry. See the Akamai Global State of the Internet Report for more details.
- API hits on the Akamai network are now 83% of the traffic, more than HTML hits.
Akamai is Innovative:
- Eighty-five percent of the world's Internet users are within a single "network hop" of an Akamai CDN server.
- In its more than 20-year history, Akamai has long transformed innovative research ideas into ground-breaking and unrivaled products. A selection of technical publications by Akamai researchers in the most highly competitive and well-respected academic journals and conferences is here.
- Akamai and Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group have jointly announced the Global Open Network that will offer a new blockchain-based online payment network enabling next-generation transaction security, scale and responsiveness.
- Akamai owns or has exclusive rights to more than 375 U.S. patents (as of December 31, 2018).
- The first global, carrier-agnostic cloud-based DDoS mitigation service (Prolexic).
Meet our Media Contacts