Stop denial of service attacks with Akamai.
Denial of service attacks (DoS) and distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) have become some of the most significant threats to enterprise and application security over the past decade. Intended to render a machine or network unavailable to users, denial of service attacks become more sophisticated every year as attackers find new vulnerabilities in web applications and new ways of skirting traditional security measures. The cost of denial of service attacks or distributed denial of service attacks can reach into the tens of thousands of dollars per hour, but that pales in comparison to the potential loss of revenue from dissatisfied customers and loss of reputation.
Kona DDoS Defender from Akamai provides a highly effective protection against denial of service attacks and is trusted by some of the world’s biggest brands – the very companies most often exposed to these potentially devastating threats.
Multi-layer protection against denial of service attacks
Akamai’s Kona DDoS Defender leverages the power and scalability of the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ to offer unsurpassed protection against denial of service attacks. Kona DDoS Defender stops attacks by deflecting network-layer attacks and absorbing application-layer attacks at the network edge.
Today’s denial of service attacks can easily send as much as 300 GB per second of malicious traffic at a target. Local network appliances, ISPs and even many cloud-based solutions can’t handle an attack of that size. Kona DDoS Defender succeeds at absorbing attacks by leveraging Akamai’s vast network of more than 240,000 servers in over 130 countries. Mitigation capabilities are implemented natively in-path to thwart a DoS or DDoS attack before it reaches the customer origin. Kona DDoS Defender also includes a highly scalable Web Application Firewall that offers protection against application-layer attacks such as SQL injection and cross-site scripting.
With Kona DDoS Defender protecting against denial of service attacks, you can:
- Reduce downtime with a solution that can scale to handle even the largest denial of service attacks.
- Minimize the risk of data theft with a highly scalable web application firewall.
- Maintain web performance during attacks by relying on Akamai’s globally-distributed Intelligent Platform.
- Reduce the costs of web security leveraging Akamai’s cloud services and avoiding the need for complicated and expensive on-premise hardware.
- Achieve maximum protection against new and evolving threats with the help of security rules that are continually updated by Akamai’s Threat Intelligence Team.
Learn more about stopping denial of service attacks with Kona DDoS Defender and about Akamai’s cloud security solutions for DDoS protection.