Akamai Showcases Mobile Innovation at Mobile World Congress 2016
Live Demonstrations of Company’s Emerging Mobile Technology to Anchor Participation
Attendees of Mobile World Congress 2016 will have the opportunity to experience firsthand how new technologies being developed by Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKAM) have the potential to transform the digital experience for Network Service Providers (NSPs) and their mobile users. The technology and solutions Akamai will be demonstrating are intended to showcase how Akamai is helping NSPs take advantage of the key opportunities and address important challenges facing their businesses today and into the future, such as:
- The need to deliver content and applications to an ever increasing array of mobile IP devices
- The continued growth of Over-the-top (OTT) video services
- The desire to enhance mobile Internet services to drive revenue and promote subscriber "stickiness"
- The ability to improve network efficiency to not only improve the user experience but also reduce cost
- The requirement to manage subscriber experiences through sophisticated analytics and other tools
Throughout the event, Akamai (Hall 3 – Booth 3B30) will conduct several live demonstrations of the technology and solutions being brought to market by the company’s Emerging Mobile and Carrier Business Units. Demonstrations planned for Mobile World Congress 2015 include:
- Akamai WatchNow Application – A white-labeled application, powered by Akamai’s Predictive Content Delivery technology. The demonstration highlights how the application can be integrated with partner solutions such as the Verimatrix offline DRM solution, VCAS™.
- Predictive Content Delivery SDK for Media Applications – See how Akamai partners such as online video platforms that develop media applications for media companies and mobile network operators can use Predictive Content Delivery capabilities in their applications. Partner applications include the "Digiflare media app" and the "Saffron Digital App with ITV content.”
- LTE Broadcast – Conducted in conjunction with Akamai partner Expway, this live technology demonstration highlights how mobile operators can switch on the fly from unicast delivery to broadcast delivery of video streams across LTE networks in order to optimize video delivery across the cellular network.
- Safe Internet – A demonstration of how AnswerX Name Controls can add value to mobile Internet services through parental controls and other security enhancements.
- Akamai NFV capabilities – Highlighting how Akamai's elastic virtualized Aura LCDN can be deployed as a means for scaling out video delivery more efficiently and with deeper caching.
- Mobile Performance Analytics – a demonstration of quality of experience data gathered from billions of real mobile end-user mobile interactions.
- Aura Operator Portal – Showcasing how Akamai’s Aura MCDN customers and Akamai network partners can view and optimize network and end user behavior and performance.
As the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, Akamai makes the Internet fast, reliable and secure for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. To learn how Akamai solutions and its team of Internet experts are helping businesses move faster forward, please visit www.akamai.com or blogs.akamai.com, and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
Akamai powers and protects life online. Leading companies worldwide choose Akamai to build, deliver, and secure their digital experiences — helping billions of people live, work, and play every day. With the world’s most distributed compute platform — from cloud to edge — we make it easy for customers to develop and run applications, while we keep experiences closer to users and threats farther away. Learn more about Akamai’s security, compute, and delivery solutions at akamai.com and akamai.com/blog, or follow Akamai Technologies on Twitter and LinkedIn.