In addition to driving industry-leading security intelligence, Akamai threat researchers regularly publish in academic journals and present at conferences and industry association events, sharing mitigation strategies and data focused on the constantly evolving security landscape.
FEATURED SECURITY VIDEO
Behind the Scenes with the Akamai Security Intelligence Response Team
FEATURED SECURITY REPORT
Criminals go where the money is. Our latest State of the Internet / Security report delves into the growing popularity of credential stuffing attacks against the gaming industry. In one 17-month period, we counted 12 billion attacks.
We went over to the darknet and found some surprising reasons why. We also found another surprise: Two vectors account for nearly 90% of all web application attacks. Also in this issue, Akamai CMO Monique Bonner shares three unexpected observations about security professionals.Download the report
FEATURED THREAT ADVISORY
Multiple Vulnerabilities in Magento: Earlier this week, Magento disclosed a new set of vulnerabilities affecting versions 2.0 and up. With a proof of concept exploit already published and the an SQL injection vulnerability being actively exploited, we look at how you can determine if you have been targeted and recommended remedial actions to be taken.
- Phishing Analytics - Tracking A Campaign Read Blog Post
- Latest Echobot: 26 Infection Vectors Read Blog Post
- CloudTest Vulnerability (CVE-2019-11011) Read Blog Post
- Phishing Factories & Economies Read Blog Post
- Catch Me if You Can: Evasive and Defensive Techniques in Phishing Read Blog Post
- Identifying Vulnerabilities in Phishing Kits Read Blog Post
Technical Threat Research
- Strategies for Active IPv6 Topology Discovery Read Publication
- Advancing the Art of Internet Edge Outage Detection Read Publication
- Improving Bitrate Adaptation in the DASH Reference Player Read Publication
Or Katz is a Principal Lead Security Researcher at Akamai and is the head of research for Akamai’s Enterprise Threat Protector technology. Or is a frequent speaker at security conferences and has published numerous articles and white papers on threat intelligence and defensive techniques. He began his career in the early days of web application firewalls (WAFs) and currently leads the OWASP Israel chapter.
The latest threat advisories, network security white papers, and cloud security news with updates on DDoS attacks, botnets, malware, ransomware, and other cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
- Multiple Magento Vulnerabilities: Learn about a new set of exploits, checks, and recommended fixes Read Report
- Satori Mirai Variant Alert: We look at new Mirai exploits that target multiple vulnerabilities Read Report
- CLDAP Reflection: We analyze the capabilities of and defenses against a new CLDAP method Read Report
Network Security White Papers
- Web Vulnerabilities: The Foundation of the Most Sophisticated DDoS Campaigns Read the whitepaper
- Plan vs. Panic: Making a DDoS Mitigation Playbook Part of Your Incident Response Plan Read the whitepaper
- IDC: Worldwide DDoS Prevention Products and Services 2013–2017 Forecast Read the whitepaper
Our unprecedented visibility provides insights into DNS and IP traffic that inform threat visualizations to reveal risk factors and attacks blocked, and provide critical security data.
Daily threat levels by industry and region containing informed Internet security metrics.Learn More
Akamai Threat Research in the News
Top stories in the security industry trade, with insights from our threat intelligence research experts.
Larry Cashdollar and Steve Ragan have found a bunch of phishing kits with classic security vulnerabilities that can be exploited by hackers.Read on The Register
Tony Lauro says in order to build better defenses, now is the time to take a broader view of information sharing beyond vertical market silos.Read on Threatpost
Andy Ellis looks at the perceived “cybersecurity skills shortage”. He says there isn't a significant skills gap – there is a market mismatch.Read on Dark Reading
NECN's This Week In Business
Andy Ellis likens the Akamai business to that of a shopping mall. Check out the interview to learn more about this “Internet mall cop”.Watch on NECN
Wall Street Journal
Tom Leighton on the evolution of Akamai in security, where it’s headed, and why Akamai itself is not a conventional cybersecurity service.Read on Wall Street Journal
Meet Us at the Edge
Get the latest security research firsthand - meet our threat intelligence experts face-to-face at industry events throughout the year.
An array of useful threat research tools from browser debugging to firmware updates.
- MQTT-PWN A comprehensive solution for IoT broker penetration-testing and security assessment operations. Learn More
- JSShell An interactive multi-user web JS shell. Learn More
- Pipiot Double architecture x86/ARM malicious payload construction. Learn More
- Sonoff-Evil Firmware PoC that demos exploitation by MQTT. Learn More
- Sonoff-Angel Firmware that hardens usage of dangerous MQTT routines. Learn More
Robust compliance assessment programs, personal data processing services, and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) certification.
Learn more about Akamai’s comprehensive compliance assessment programs and how we work with customers to obtain and maintain compliance.Learn More
Read more about Akamai’s personal data processing activities associated with the services it provides to customers.Learn More