User demand for streaming video is growing rapidly and showing no signs of slowing. Users not only expect quantity but quality as well. Fast, secure and reliable streaming video on any device has become the standard that content providers must live and compete by.
But as streaming video becomes increasingly popular, content providers are finding it harder than ever to deliver the quality that users expect. To handle the volume and complexity of streaming video, providers need a streaming media server that can easily scale to meet demand while providing the highest quality viewing experience possible.
For content providers who want to stake their claim in the streaming video market, Akamai provides solutions for media delivery and content delivery networks that deliver on the highest consumer expectations.
Streaming video with Akamai’s Adaptive Media Delivery
Akamai’s Adaptive Media Delivery is trusted by the world’s most successful brands to deliver streaming video for some of the world’s largest online events. This Akamai streaming services solution has unsurpassed capacity and scale and has delivered streaming video for the Super Bowl, the FIFA World Cup and the Olympics – events which have established benchmarks for capacity and scale of online video streaming.
Adaptive Media Delivery is optimized for Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) streaming to provide an exceptional viewing experience across devices and fixed or mobile networks at a variety of connection speeds. Built on the Akamai Intelligent Platform™, this remarkable streaming server delivers the scalability, reliability and availability content providers need to compete in the streaming video market.
Akamai’s streaming media services accelerate delivery of streaming video by bringing content closer to the audience. A broadly deployed network of edge servers – with 20 to 100 times more Points of Presence (POPs) than other global CDN providers – minimizes the impact of network congestion, latency and packet loss to deliver more consistent viewing experiences.
Benefits of Akamai’s streaming video solutions.
With Adaptive Media Delivery, content providers can:
- Maintain the quality of streaming video, relying on Akamai’s globally distributed network architecture to bring content closer to viewers.
- Scale rapidly to meet spikes in demand, leveraging the ability of Akamai’s distributed network to dynamically and intelligently distribute load.
- Serve streaming video to audiences on any device with support for a wide range of standard video streaming protocols.
- Optimize online video playback quality and performance with Akamai’s application-aware software intelligence.
- Benefit from the streaming video experience of the Akamai team, gained through streaming the world’s largest online events.
Learn more about streaming video with Akamai, and about Akamai solutions for streaming video hosting.