The performance and delivery landscape is constantly evolving. Stay ahead of the latest trends with data and strategic recommendations from our researchers.
An Introduction to IPv6
With Internet growth exceeding the limited number of IPv4 addresses, many ISPs and service providers have broadly deployed IPv6.
Ensuring Business Continuity During Peak Times
6 recommendations to optimize streaming and download bandwidth usage.Read Blog Post
Optimizing for Faster Mobile Apps: The Key Essentials
A hero image is a large, prominently placed banner, and is usually the first element a visitor sees. But if not properly designed, hero images can hinder site performance, causing a slow experience.Read the report
Enabling Business Continuity in an Uncertain Global Environment
Performance and Delivery Blogs
- Enable IPv6 for Your Edge Hostnames Read Blog Post
- Simplify and Speed Up Network List Management Read Blog Post
- HTTP/2: Discover the Performance Impacts of Effective Prioritization Read Blog Post
- Performance Optimization Innovations for Your Mobile First strategy Read Blog Post
- Optimizing Video Streaming Performance with Origin-Assisted Prefetching Read Blog Post
- Enhancing Video Streaming Quality for Exoplayer - Part 2: Exoplayer’s Buffering Strategy, How to Lower Startup Time, and How to Lower Rebuffering for Video On-Demand Read Blog Post
- Pixel Perfect. Enhanced Optimizations Focused on Customer Experience Read Blog Post
- Datastream - the Real World Benefits of Real Time Logging Read Blog Post
- A QUICk Introduction to HTTP/3 Read Blog Post
- Characterizing JSON Traffic Patterns on a CDN Read Publication
- Domain-Sharding for Faster HTTP/2 in Lossy Cellular Networks Read Publication
- Measuring What is Not Ours: A Tale of 3rd Party Performance Read Publication
- New Metrics: Measuring Hero Image Performance to Optimize User Experience Read Blog
- Web Performance with Android’s Battery-Saver Mode Read White Paper
- Scanning the Scanners: Sensing the Internet from a Massively Distributed Network Telescope Read White Paper
- The Complete Guide to Performance Testing Your Retail Websites and Apps Read White Paper
- Gaining a Complete View of Online Performance Read White Paper
- The Complexity of Chrome: Android Mobile Browsers can Impact User Experience Read White Paper
- Adoption Trends for Chromium Browsers Read White Paper
- Maximizing Digital Experiences Read White Paper
- How Performance Optimizes Conversion/UX Read White Paper
Mani Sundaram is Executive Vice President of Akamai’s Global Services and Support Organization and Akamai’s Chief Information Officer, based at the company’s global headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He leads Akamai’s IT Organization as well as Global Services & Support.
Performance and Delivery Reports
Discover in-depth reports on performance best practices, peak readiness, security threats, and more.
- QUIC-Enabling Your React Native Mobile App Read Report
- Accelerate SVG Delivery with Ion (A2) Read Report
- How to Retain Customers and Grow Deposits in a Digital World Read Report
- Complete View of Online Performance Read Report
- Testing Strategies for Peak Readiness Read Report
- What’s Next for Media Companies in 2020? Read Report
- Getting Insights into the Delivery Path of Media with Breadcrumbs Read Report
- Understanding the Value of Consistency in OTT Video Read Report
- OTT Best Practices Chapter 4: Playback Read Report
- OTT Best Practices Chapter 5: Performance Testing Read Report
- COVID-19 and the Perfect Security Storm Read Report
- Protecting Websites from Magecart and Other In-Browser Threats Read Report
- State of the Internet / Security: Phishing — Baiting the Hook Read Report
- State of the Internet / Security: Media Under Assault Read Report
- State of the Internet / Security: Financial Services Attack Economy Read Report
Akamai monitors global Internet conditions around the clock. With this real-time data, we can identify the cities with the slowest web connections, geographic areas with the most web traffic, and more.
Akamai Performance and Delivery in the News
Read the top performance and delivery stories with insights from our experts.
RETAIL CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
To unleash the company’s loyalty program, retailers need to accelerate website and mobile app performance, streamline digital engagements, and safeguard sensitive data.Learn More
Akamai announces enhanced capabilities for developers, providing integrations with continuous platforms and IT automation tools.Learn More
Keeping the internet running smoothly during the coronavirus crisis isn’t business as usual. Akamai has adapted quickly.Learn More
Akamai is at the epicenter of the streaming explosion brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, seeing a marked increase in traffic volume delivered.Learn More
There are millions of apps available today, and it’s incredibly easy for any user to download and install any of them with just a few taps on a screen or click of a mouse.Learn More
To understand the critical role of HTTP/2 in streamlining operations, we must look back at the technologies and implementation gaps that got us where we are today.Learn More
Customize your Akamai experience with tools designed to streamline your workflow.
- Update Your Cloudlets with PowerShell For PowerShell-savvy users who wish to complete API-based tasks without worrying about compilation or the more intricate parts of Akamai API authentication. Learn More
- Akamai CLI The Akamai command-line interface (CLI) is a powerful and extensible toolkit that allows you to manage and configure Akamai's platform and various products directly from the command line. Learn More
- HTTPie HTTPie is a command-line HTTP client that allows you to easily explore APIs before you spend the effort to code a client using a programming language like Python, Ruby, Go, etc. Learn More
- Akamai Sandbox Every day, developers write code and spin up development environments for new feature requests or bug fixes. Learn More
Learn about and navigate ever-changing compliance requirements.
Learn how to reduce the cost of achieving and maintaining PCI DSS compliance while meeting performance and reporting requirements.Learn More
The GDPR requires that EU personal data processed by an organization is appropriately and sufficiently managed and protected.Learn More