Cambridge, MA 02142
617 444 3000
Fax: 617 444 3001
For a list of our global locations, click here
Year Incorporated: August 1998
Akamai Technologies, Inc. is publicly traded: (NASDAQ: AKAM)
Revenue: 2018 annual revenue of $2.7 billion, up 9% year-over-year and when adjusted for foreign exchange
Current Employees: 7,500+
Company Recognition: Akamai ranked #1 in Boston Business Journal’s 2019 "Largest Cybersecurity Companies In Massachusetts" list for the second year in a row.
Network Deployment: Akamai has deployed the most pervasive, highly-distributed content delivery network (CDN) with approximately 239,000 servers in 139 countries and nearly 1,600 networks around the world.
Akamai is Trusted by:
- 50 percent of the Global 500
- 40 percent of the Fortune 1000
- 20 of the Top 20 U.S. eCommerce Retailers
- 5 of the Top 5 Travel Websites
- All 5 Branches of the U.S. Department of Defense
- 14 out of 15 Cabinet-level Agencies in the U.S. Federal Government
- Over 700 Financial Services Firms Worldwide
- Over 400 Banks Worldwide
- 7 of the Top 10 Largest Global Banks
- All of the Top 25 U.S. Banks
- 10 of the Top 10 European Banks
- 10 of the Top 10 Largest Global Asset Managers
- 10 of the Top 10 U.S. Asset Managers
- 8 of the Top 10 European Asset Managers
- 8 of the Top 10 U.S. Life & Health Insurance Carriers
- 8 of the Top 10 U.S. P&C Insurance Carriers
- 7 of the Top 10 U.S. High Tech Software Providers
- 12 of the Top 15 U.S. High Tech Hardware Providers Use Akamai Solutions
- 9 of the Top 10 U.S. Videogame Companies
- 23 of the Top 24 Global Videogame Companies
- 8 of the Top 10 U.S. Publishers
- 13 of the Top 14 U.S. OTT Providers
- 8 of the Top 10 Semiconductor companies
- 8 of the Top 10 Global Pharmaceutical/Biotech Firms
- 9 of the Top 10 Global Computer Hardware Manufacturers
- 4 of the Top 5 Global Healthcare Supplier Firms
- 10 of the Top 10 Global Airlines
- 7 of the Top 10 Infotech Companies
- 8 of the Top 10 Global Consulting Firms
- 7 of the Top 10 Global Auto Manufacturers
Akamai is Proven:
- Akamai delivers daily Web traffic reaching more than 50 terabits per second
- The top online music stores have sold billions of songs… and counting… delivered via the Akamai platform.
- 2018 Indian Premier League - 10.3 million concurrent viewers setting a new world record for live streaming
- Akamai detected nearly 28 billion credential stuffing attempts in our customer's industries between May and December 2018; there were more than 10 billion in the retail industry, the leading industry. See the Akamai Global State of the Internet Report for more details.
- API hits on the Akamai network are now 83% of the traffic, more than HTML hits
Akamai is Innovative:
- Akamai has deployed the most pervasive, highly-distributed content delivery network (CDN) with approximately 239,000 servers in 139 countries and nearly 1,600 networks around the world.
- Eighty-five percent of the world's Internet users are within a single "network hop" of an Akamai CDN server.
- In its more than 20-year history, Akamai has long transformed innovative research ideas into ground-breaking and unrivaled products. A selection of technical publications by Akamai researchers in the most highly competitive and well-respected academic journals and conferences is here.
- Akamai and Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group have jointly announced the Global Open Network that will offer a new blockchain-based online payment network enabling next-generation transaction security, scale and responsiveness.
- Akamai owns or has exclusive rights to more than 375 U.S. patents (as of December 31, 2018).
- The first global, carrier-agnostic cloud-based DDoS mitigation service (Prolexic)
Meet our Media Contacts