A cloud network is a network of inter-connected servers, owned and operated by a third party, through which an organization can distribute digital content to end users. By using a cloud network an organization can deliver content more rapidly, reliably, and securely, without having to bear the costs and difficulties of building and operating its own network. A variety of organizations may find value in using a cloud network, including web content providers, ecommerce businesses, cloud service providers, enterprises using public or private cloud services, or network operators looking to extend their network reach.
The world's largest and most advanced cloud network is the Akamai Intelligent Platform.
Akamai's Global Cloud Network
The Akamai Intelligent Platform is a global cloud network for accelerating and securing web content and web application delivery. The Akamai cloud architecture spans more than 160,000 servers in over 95 countries. Over 90% of Internet users are a single network hop away from Akamai's cloud servers, and at any given time Akamai delivers from 15-30% of total global Internet traffic.
From our state-of-art Network Operations Command Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Akamai gains the industry's best view of real-time conditions across the Internet. This includes real-time insight into the latest network security events as well as deep visibility into network traffic and performance.
Cloud Network Solutions from Akamai
Leveraging our globe-spanning cloud network, Akamai offers a range of solutions to meet the needs to today's online businesses and service providers:
- Akamai Web Performance Solutions. Accelerate the delivery of web content and applications to any type of connected device, anywhere, any time.
- Akamai Media Delivery Solutions. Solve the challenges of multi-format, multi-device video delivery.
- Akamai Cloud Security Solutions. Enhance core network security, application security, and data security in cloud computing services by employing a defense-in-depth strategy that capitalizes on the ability of the Akamai cloud network to detect and thwart cyber security threats such as SQL injection, cross-site scripting, and DDoS attacks.
- Akamai Cloud Networking Solutions. For enterprises, accelerate the delivery of cloud applications over your WAN and the Internet while benefiting from Akamai networking capabilities like data deduplication and global server load balancing.
- Akamai Network Operator Solutions. Offload traffic from your core network and boost revenues by offering multi-screen video services to your subscribers.
Learn more about Akamai's intelligent global cloud network.
Learn more about Akamai cloud network solutions.