The rise of mobile cloud services has created some pretty big technical headaches for IT organizations. To enable enterprise mobility, IT team must deliver fast and secure mobile access to enterprise data, websites and web applications while dealing with device proliferation, bandwidth issues and the complexity of dynamically generated content and mobile video. This difficult task is made even more challenging by the expectations of users who expect nothing less than an exceptional web experience and flawless mobile performance every time they click or swipe.
To take advantage of the growth in revenue and productivity that mobile cloud services can offer, enterprises need enterprise mobility solutions that can simplify and streamline management and delivery of mobile cloud services. That’s where Akamai excels.
Akamai simplifies mobile cloud services.
Akamai is the leading provider of solutions and technology that make the Internet and mobile cloud services fast, reliable and secure. Akamai solutions are built on my Intelligent Platform™, the world’s largest and most advanced cloud-based platform for distributing and accelerating web content, mobile cloud services, enterprise applications and online video.
Mobile cloud services are made easier by Akamai Ion, a high-performance solution for optimizing web and mobile cloud services on any device, network and browser, regardless of the connectivity situation. Ion simplifies enterprise mobility management with an integrated suite of content delivery, acceleration and optimization technologies that can make real-time optimization decisions, enabling organizations to exceed user expectations with fast, reliable and engaging web experiences and mobile cloud services.
To optimize mobile cloud services, Ion delivers capabilities that enable enterprises to:
- Scale to meet peak demand. Ion leverages the globally distributed Akamai Intelligent Platform to deliver the scale enterprises need when demand spikes.
- Deliver faster web application responses. Ion continually pulls and caches fresh content onto servers that are closest to the end user in order to accelerate responses, while comprehensive failover capabilities enable Ion to reroute requests when the origin server is not available.
- Gain unprecedented insight. Through real user monitoring, device characterization and mobile detection and redirect, Ion enables enterprises to better understand the experience of actual customers as they engage with web and mobile cloud services.
Advantages for mobile cloud services
With Akamai Ion, enterprises can:
- Exceed user expectations for speed and availability when accessing mobile cloud services.
- Deliver rich and engaging experiences across devices, networks, browsers and locations.
- Reduce the cost of providing mobile services by offloading network infrastructure and leveraging Akamai’s cloud-based technology.
- Improve security of mobile cloud services with a web application firewall and technology to mitigate DDoS attacks and other emerging threats.
Learn more about mobile cloud services from Akamai.